Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- The Place of RefugeWalking down the shoreline at Honaunau, where Pele washes her long dark tresses in the surf that pounds the end of the earth and the …
- Praying for the LivingEverything that draws breath will some day stop; No eternal life past the here and now will cause anything to live forever. Each new day …
- The Confession of Revenge: rime royal or Chaucerian stanzaThere is no good in a war of revenge, which at best requires its combatants cold while for its public approval depends upon hot blood …
- The Place of Refuge
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares