Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- A VignetteSo, there I was … taking my 2:00 p.m. lunch break (I work from New Orleans on Pacific Coast Time). Here is the scenario: I …
- Intimations of IdiocyFrom early childhood until now I’ve spent my life immersed in earnest pantomime of games adults will feign to play: the forging of relationships through …
- This SongYou won’t ever hear this song It won’t be finished ’til you’re long gone and you never liked country radio. It doesn’t matter, then, I …
- A Vignette
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares