Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Let Vain Cassandras MoanLet vain Cassandras from their pulpits moan, decrying what velocity the world has chosen for its obvious descent; and in their sermons, demonize each day …
- Exposition and Explanations, In GeneralDid you ever notice that the shortest statements always seem to result in the longest dissertations attempting to explain the “inner truths” of those short …
- EpiphanySometimes an act itself becomes enough to satisfy one’s hunger for applause; and what discomforts must be suffered through become, to reach an end, at …
- Let Vain Cassandras Moan
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares