Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Questions of LoveCall it bad timing, a season of doubt Days turn to months while you figure it out Some expectations are better as dreams Reality’s never …
- I wonder if like daysI wonder if, like days that start to shorten and slowly cede their hours to the dark, each hour’s breath becomes much more important, because …
- Pleasure CityCanto I: Next stop, the driver said, smiling through cracked wicked lips, Pleasure City – we huddled, prenatal, wondering – even in the suburbs the …
- Questions of Love
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares