Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- A Toast to AnacreonCome, pour me a glass of that wonderful stuff that once is begun is not ever enough; and under whose influence we learn to bluff, …
- At the bookstoreAt the bookstore yesterday two young punks with their parents came in as I was going out; they were festooned with spiky hair, spiked bracelets …
- Bright and Clear: a balladeThere is a quiet place where one may find a respite from the bustle of the day; where silence soothes the worry of the mind …
- A Toast to Anacreon
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares