Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Reflections of a Twentieth Century BardAfter the “Song of Amergin” I have been a fly on the wall of a corporate meeting I have been a child lost in snow …
- The River: cautionary verseThese questions that you warn me not to ask, they do not simply fade away unsaid; and while your tacit threat may chill my bones, …
- Hello Mister AmericaHello Mister America, you’re just in time for tea There’s no Kennedys or Rockefellors, so I guess it’s just you and me I’ve got soda …
- Reflections of a Twentieth Century Bard
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- The world is broken; Cassandras have spoken their tales of woe. Let teardrops flow; and as fear grow1 Shares
- So often, when it comes to win or lose (or what we each define as either one) the pathways offered t0 Shares
- It makes no sense to soldier on; the dusk looks so much like the dawn that even should the sun eclip0 Shares
- As the evening enters like a dancer from the wings, and we turn our backs on busy days and other thi0 Shares