To accept one’s karma and the responsibility for one’s actions is strength.
To blame another is weakness and foolishness.
Let’s begin by not advertising our ignorance.
If you must blame what happens to you on your friend,
your neighbor, your country, your community or the world,
don’t advertise it by speaking about it.
Keep that ignorance to yourself.
Limit it to the realm of thought.
Harness your speech and at the same time
work to remold your thinking
and retrain your subconscious
to actually accept this basic premise.
— from Living with Siva by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
- The Ideal Band (right now)So here’s the deal. I play in a band right now, but it’s more or less a wedding and bar band that plays soul, r …
- No Small Talk LeftIt takes perhaps at most an entire day depending on the company and scene, but at some point there’s nothing left to say and words …
- Let Words EscapeRescind your tortured sentences; let words escape like AWOL soldiers past the fence, like sullen rocks that would grow wings like birds and fly out …
- The Ideal Band (right now)
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- We either seek to view the world today through some past generation’s worn and tired lens, or0 Shares
- There is no religion for the whole of “god”, just some small and all-too-human scraps. W0 Shares
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares