How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- The Burning TimesIt did not start with a single matchstrike, or bonfires blazing brightly in the night; it began with thinking they did not like the fact …
- What Now?: Sicilian sonnetWhat now? Is there sufficient cause for reaching beyond the edge of darkness? Will we find ourselves subjected to more endless preaching? Are we fit …
- The Oxymoron of Social MediaSocial media: the name implies communication (defined by me as an exchange of ideas only possible between individuals who consider themselves equals) yet most of …
- The Burning Times
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- We either seek to view the world today through some past generation’s worn and tired lens, or0 Shares
- There is no religion for the whole of “god”, just some small and all-too-human scraps. W0 Shares
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares