How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- Pleasure CityCanto I: Next stop, the driver said, smiling through cracked wicked lips, Pleasure City – we huddled, prenatal, wondering – even in the suburbs the …
- EcumenicsA conversation I had earlier brought this thought to my mind. I am, as one who seeks to find the commonalities in things, constantly drawn …
- The New Idea: cywydd llosgyrnochA new idea finds the mind and digs itself a home behind what it finds still living there, rewiring lights and such to suit, requiring …
- Pleasure City
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares