How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- Difference SongJust shut your eyes and zip up your lip; let the illusion of indifference slip you in a coma of the beautiful life you pretend. …
- Hallows 1997a remembrance The flames lick against the side of a rusted drum; Something rustles behind the apple trees, And a dog runs barking into the …
- Quoting Nihilists and NaysayersSo often, it seems when we look for things to quote, we search for those negative, capricious, self-debasing, or cynical quips that reinforce our own …
- Difference Song
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares