How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- A Cup of Lotus TeaSitting quietly under the carport in the still crispness of the morning air listening to the sparrows chirp and play there on the light-frost covered …
- Dear Coca-ColaDear Coca-Cola: Please take a minute to review your situation. I realize that it must seem important to keep up with the Joneses (and I …
- ‘Til I DieMaybe I’m a dreamer, but I sure don’t want to be one of those two old guys sitting in the balcony: a grizzled, bitter muppet …
- A Cup of Lotus Tea
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares