How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- A School of TruthThe world is full of empty headed fools — their courses set by half truths and whole lies — who trust their leaders, and obey …
- Old PottageWhile you still have your youth is the time to find out your version of the truth; as you age, fear and doubt can crack …
- Petitioning: an ae freiligheThe gods may grant petitions to endless years of prayer; not lay too strict conditions; in that granting, be fair; but it is not sedition …
- A School of Truth
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares