How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- From The Trial of NesornaCHORUS: If far too often fate seems to be fixed and all for nought, pray you remember this: of our own choosing are these states …
- I do not wish to change the worldI do not wish to change the world; its own design is near enough some muddled state of constant flux that nothing I could add …
- The Ten Percent SolutionLobotomy perhaps provides the clues: that with what meager portion of the brain society encourages us to use and education bothers us to train, we …
- From The Trial of Nesorna
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares