I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Lowdown Existential BluesJust like everybody, I try to get along; but I can’t win for losing, things always turn out wrong. Need to have a membership, but …
- Celsius 488.33What is the point at which the conscience burns and thus consumes the mind with thoughts to act, that in its darkest recess for truth …
- If you would make a differenceSo many look around the globe and say, “How can I start to help in what small way I can, and find work with a …
- Lowdown Existential Blues
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares