I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- While Reading of Ginsberg’s LifeTo wake while reading William Blake to taste of life in dreamlike doses flexing the sinews of the mind in the fight against some status …
- ChiaroscuroNothing holds a shape without its shadow: that place at the edge where the lines are rough and sharp defined shapes blur in a limbo …
- Overslept: an amphigoryWell, fiddle-dee and what’s the stuff of which I have had quite enough: the spring’s been spring, the fall has fell, the echo’s back from …
- While Reading of Ginsberg’s Life
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares