I believe that the disappearance of the true Left Wing in the United States of America can be dated accurately to the first time that Colonel Harlan Sanders thought to split the chicken into three breasts, making smaller portions, more servings sold, and effectively decimating the distinction between Fascism and Communism. Although first introduced in 1939, Kentucky Fried Chicken did not begin its campaign of ideological subterfuge until approximately six years later – thus timing the elimination of the Left Wing (and its political effectiveness, despite the subsequent “Red Scare”) with the rise of our World War II ally, Joseph Stalin – a prime example of Right Wing consciousness.
- Another Volley in the Battle of the SexesWhen I was in Switzerland in 1994, I attended a number of lectures (it was learning abroad thingie through Ohio State University). One of those …
- After a Line in RumiBetween the acts on the great stage the green room swells with life; like ocean waves the movement never stops. Each spent performer, bathed in …
- Just a Quick Thought on Tragic HeroismAs a singer-songwriter born in the 60s and raised in the 70s and 80s, I suppose there are two major shadows under which I labor: …
- Another Volley in the Battle of the Sexes
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares