I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Roadside AttractionsIf you see the Buddha by the roadside, stop, and ask him how his day is going, inquire if perhaps he might need a ride …
- ReleaseSometimes you smell trouble coming Hinted on the breeze The final fragile feather That can bring you to your knees Sometimes you can sense it …
- Out of Plumb: a caudate sonnetWhen will these foolish notions dissipate and take their place with dreams, safe in the grave? How long must I be some grand idea’s slave, …
- Roadside Attractions
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares