I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Hope and DespairHow fleet of foot is dream-spun Hope; and how Despair, her lead-shoed sister, trips a clumsy way to fill her place! How fair and rosy …
- Wake Early: rhopalic verseWake early, quietly, deliberate; look closely, carefully, attentively. Pay greater attention, specifically, to whispers: lingering, ephemeral. 26 APR 2017 Share This:
- Self-Similarity: an acrosticI: J ust give me a moment O f your time, and together, we’ll try to H onestly explore the taste of N ew wine …
- Hope and Despair
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares