I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Carport Cacophony: a sestinaUnder the carport, inhaling from my last cigarette another drag, I listen to the voices rise and fall through the window, their cadence and cascade …
- UntitledIf you asked a Buddhist monk who fled the monastery as it burned down to the ground if he would miss it very much, I …
- A Novel IntroductionFor one of a number of reasons, you have stumbled across this journal, and there is some likelihood that you are interested in reading it. …
- Carport Cacophony: a sestina
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares