I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Greater than the wholeThey’re not so often obvious, the most important things; in nuance lies the heart of life, the rhythm that persists despite the grandiose and wild …
- The Ancient Lie: tawddgyrch cadwynogAn ancient lie controls the world, its flag unfurled before the eye: that might is right; the mystery of history is that what light the …
- The Shelter of RighteousnessWhat good was in the world has gone, if we proclaim, with innocence, that justice has escaped our grasp, while our hands show no sign …
- Greater than the whole
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares