I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- The Wider, More Ignorant WorldYour words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the internet’s to blame. No matter your intentions …
- La Matri, La Filia, La Spirita SanctaShe lies hidden there beneath the surface, where waiting in silence she gives no sign; then all of a sudden, without warning, she comes, and …
- OwnershipMy country, our freedom, our way of life – A gift from the gods, or a two-edged knife? Our neighborhood, to be patrolled from within; …
- The Wider, More Ignorant World
Most Shared Posts
- There is no substitute for it, you know;it doesn’t grow on trees, or wait,like opportunity will, f0 Shares