I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Glory Evermore: dirgeWith slow and silent steps it comes encroaching on the day, the shadow of the night that grows to fill the world with gray. Oh, …
- There are no wordsThere are no words to capture this exquisite moment of pure bliss between the grasp and letting go between the thought and need to know …
- What It Isn’tIt’s not about learning to draw a clearer picture of the ruins It’s not about taking a sledge hammer to the ivied hallowed halls It’s …
- Glory Evermore: dirge
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- The world is broken; Cassandras have spoken their tales of woe. Let teardrops flow; and as fear grow1 Shares
- Why is the sky blue except from reflected water stretched between small bits of land? Why is water b0 Shares
- Underneath the skin, a single notion supports how life unfolds from start to end. Beneath the bustle0 Shares
- Don’t preach me religion like there’s something you can prove; being good at treading wa0 Shares