I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Instrument of GodYou call yourself an instrument of God, selected to seek vengeance for some wrong; I wonder, do you ever think it odd that retribution should …
- The Speed of NowWhat use is feeling sorry for what might have never been, some chimera of fantasy that if it had appeared might easily have torn to …
- Fahrenheit 451Sitting here talking ’bout the government, divvying up all the blame: easy to say it’s the fault of the president when you see them all …
- Instrument of God
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares