I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- The Garden Seat: a cyhydedd hirA quiet place to sit, think what I see fit, and watch the birds flit around the yard. Not so much to seek (a crumb, …
- PalimpsestCould be, perhaps, that nothing bad has come to me in life; or that which seems to others sad and cause for care and strife …
- Nostalgic Ramblings …What is a rebel? A man who says no, but whose refusal does not imply a renunciation. He is also a man who says yes, …
- The Garden Seat: a cyhydedd hir
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares