As much as I laud those who attack National Novel Writing Month with great zeal, I am a poet not a novelist. So in my own parallel to NaNoWriMo, I’ve decided to once again work my way through each of the poetic forms identified in my old standby resource, Lewis Turco’s Book of Forms: Revised Edition starting with the acrostic and ending with the virelai – hitting all the Irish, Welsh and other forms and meters along the way. I’ve done this in the past – I’ll try to post a poem a day, which may take us through the new year.
- A Moment for PeaceI’d find some peace if I just had more time; quite often now, this notion comes to me. Not as a nagging fault, but more …
- No one stole the moonNo one stole the moon from us by force. Instead, they bade us sleep; in that little death our memory faded, and our Mother’s song …
- Small ThingsI: There is no better thing, I guess, than to believe that my good thoughts take wing without a by-your-leave and find their way to …
- A Moment for Peace
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares