- Don’t Preach MeDon’t preach me religion like there’s something you can prove; being good at treading water doesn’t mean you can move. Don’t preach me politics from …
- Not So Simple: heroic sonnetHow simple it seems to be born again: to never reach the stage of an adult, but each time that you feel a growing pain, …
- Random Theory: cyhydedd naw banNo bright, bleeding edge technology can by itself inspire us to see beyond the limitations that bind us to solutions posed by old minds, gurus …
- Don’t Preach Me
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Always thought that I would be
important to humanity;
save the world and all that kind of stuff.
And if the end came, when it did,
I’d be right in the middle of it
Talking loud and acting kinda tough.
But that was then, and this is now,
and standing here at last, somehow,
it doesn’t seem to matter any more:
The high road’s seemed to wash away
(it wasn’t that great anyway)
and I’m not all that keen on keeping score.
Kings and pawns are all the same.
Nobody wins, it’s not a game;
No trophy case, no “win one for the team”.
And any kind of evidence
That any of it makes much sense
Is either mild psychosis or a dream.
So let the world come crashing down,
right now, while I am still around;
I knew that I would witness the demise.
And if it starts right down the block
I wouldn’t be at all too shocked;
I’ve met the perpetrators on both sides.
And when it’s over, what is left
to steal, or burn, or somehow wreck,
won’t tremble at the mention of my name,
but more than likely, for a sec,
will just breathe deep and then reflect:
the more things change, the more they stay the same.
JUL 14 2010