- Sleeping InThere are some that make you feel guilt and shame about those few extra hours in your bed on a stray Saturday morning, eyes red …
- Job FulfillmentWhen I worked for my dad, he used to say that a paycheck was its own incentive; well, I guess one can look at it …
- New computerWell, I just spent a harrowing three days getting my new computer up and running. Switching from 2000 Professional to XP Professional, upgrading Office from …
- Sleeping In
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Always thought that I would be
important to humanity;
save the world and all that kind of stuff.
And if the end came, when it did,
I’d be right in the middle of it
Talking loud and acting kinda tough.
But that was then, and this is now,
and standing here at last, somehow,
it doesn’t seem to matter any more:
The high road’s seemed to wash away
(it wasn’t that great anyway)
and I’m not all that keen on keeping score.
Kings and pawns are all the same.
Nobody wins, it’s not a game;
No trophy case, no “win one for the team”.
And any kind of evidence
That any of it makes much sense
Is either mild psychosis or a dream.
So let the world come crashing down,
right now, while I am still around;
I knew that I would witness the demise.
And if it starts right down the block
I wouldn’t be at all too shocked;
I’ve met the perpetrators on both sides.
And when it’s over, what is left
to steal, or burn, or somehow wreck,
won’t tremble at the mention of my name,
but more than likely, for a sec,
will just breathe deep and then reflect:
the more things change, the more they stay the same.
JUL 14 2010