The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Being PoeticTo be quoted by a thousand scholars, used as a prop for some hopeless causes, while earning enough to feed my old cat bringing in …
- Today’s quoteLack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle. — Ken Hakuta Please follow and like us:
- An Early One-Act FarceFor those who are interested, here is a link to an early one-act farce that I wrote while at college. It is in PDF format, …
- Being Poetic
Most Shared Posts
- If what is real is unseen by the eyeand what surrounds us each day is a dream;if striving is just fi0 Shares
- It’s true in companies as much as in society: evil flourishes when good people do nothing to stop0 Shares
- What is our conversation now, in this new world of selfwhere all our time and energyjust builds a cl0 Shares