Existence is a sea; man’s speech its shore;
Letters its oyster-shells, pearls of the heart’s wisdom.
With every wave a thousand pearls of price
Scattered around, of knowledge, of imagery,
New facts to grasp, conclusions fresh to draw,
A thousand waves with every breath arise,
No less is in one drop than in them all.
Wisdom, existence, doth that sea contain;
Its outward envelope is speech and sound.
Here understanding halts; and more,
Save in a parable, may not be given.
— from The Secret Garden, Mahmud Shabistari, 13th Century Persian sage
- New Year’s Eve 2014It’s not so much the time I think I’ve wasted or even those things I have left undone (those grand majestic dreams you hold onto, …
- Overslept: an amphigoryWell, fiddle-dee and what’s the stuff of which I have had quite enough: the spring’s been spring, the fall has fell, the echo’s back from …
- What If and the TemptationsWHAT IF: Money actually grew on trees? You actually had more than one once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? Your face actually stayed in the guise of some hideous …
- New Year’s Eve 2014
Most Shared Posts
- We either seek to view the world today through some past generation’s worn and tired lens, or0 Shares
- There is no religion for the whole of “god”, just some small and all-too-human scraps. W0 Shares
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares