Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- A Boston Busker’s TaleI sang a song for sixpence in the streets of Harvard Square Like Tracy Chapman did — I needed food But you need some extravangance …
- Goodnight for Gonzofor Hunter S. Thompson A life in isolation breeds its own brand of malaise, that the respected classes just ignore and seek instead on worthless …
- A Song Worth Singing“People only want to hear the few songs that they know.” That’s what some will tell you drives live bands and radio: the lowest common …
- A Boston Busker’s Tale
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares