Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Everything I Needed to Know About Western Culture…I could have learned by reading Francois Rabelais: or more precisely, simply by reading the Glossary of names, places, events and concepts compiled by the …
- The Songs That Filled My BoyhoodThe songs that filled my boyhood time are gone, their melodies have faded with the years; and all my vain attempts to sing along have …
- Of Human BondageSometimes, the human race acts so advanced, its possibilities seem without end; and almost every minute, some new thing is brought into the world by …
- Everything I Needed to Know About Western Culture…
Most Shared Posts
- There is no substitute for it, you know;it doesn’t grow on trees, or wait,like opportunity will, f0 Shares