I think I will 1) stop writing and reading on FB altogether, and only post to it from my blog, 2) communicate directly with people I wish to interact with, and 3) acknowledge that written messages between persons without shared understanding of the other’s intent are almost always misinterpreted, particular when one party is trying to inject levity into a subject the other takes very seriously. Point is that everyone on FB takes themselves too seriously, and really doesn’t laugh at anything unless it’s at someone else’s, and certainly not their own, expense. But then again, in this world some things aren’t funny anymore. And in some cases, they never were. THAT to me is the problem with people who despise political correctness – they no longer have the option to feel superior at someone else’s expense, but must rely on their own merit for self-respect. Of course there are exceptions, and it is not possible to legislate good taste, compassion, consideration or respect. Therein lies the dilemma: getting along, and coexisting, is up to each of us, individually. Anytime you create a “we”, you’ve built a wall.
- Overly Simplistic Solution #43293X/BThanks to a thread over at Have Your Say Today. The question: should guns be banned? My answer is, and I dedicate it to Charlton …
- At Dawn: alba or aubadeAt dawn the mist still lingers on the lawn: the shortening shade, like Avalon, seeks wisps of cloud to linger on but soon surrenders, and …
- Give and TakeFrom Swami Satchidananda’s translation and commentary on the Bhagavad Gita: Cherished by your spirit of sacrifice, the gods give you everything you want. (But remember) …
- Overly Simplistic Solution #43293X/B
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares