To accept one’s karma and the responsibility for one’s actions is strength.
To blame another is weakness and foolishness.
Let’s begin by not advertising our ignorance.
If you must blame what happens to you on your friend,
your neighbor, your country, your community or the world,
don’t advertise it by speaking about it.
Keep that ignorance to yourself.
Limit it to the realm of thought.
Harness your speech and at the same time
work to remold your thinking
and retrain your subconscious
to actually accept this basic premise.
— from Living with Siva by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
- Quote of the Day“There is a class that controls a country that is stupid and does not realize anything and never can. That is why we have this …
- On the Veranda: serenadeAs the evening enters like a dancer from the wings, and we turn our backs on busy days and other things, listen as the dull …
- A flame in darknessIt does no good to mourn one candle when its flame goes out; nor to try to keep it lit when its wax melts away. …
- Quote of the Day
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares