Existence is a sea; man’s speech its shore;
Letters its oyster-shells, pearls of the heart’s wisdom.
With every wave a thousand pearls of price
Scattered around, of knowledge, of imagery,
New facts to grasp, conclusions fresh to draw,
A thousand waves with every breath arise,
No less is in one drop than in them all.
Wisdom, existence, doth that sea contain;
Its outward envelope is speech and sound.
Here understanding halts; and more,
Save in a parable, may not be given.
— from The Secret Garden, Mahmud Shabistari, 13th Century Persian sage
- Wake Early: rhopalic verseWake early, quietly, deliberate; look closely, carefully, attentively. Pay greater attention, specifically, to whispers: lingering, ephemeral. 26 APR 2017 Please follow and like us: 1 …
- In the pagan mailbox this morning…In my mailbox today: Hello my name is X and I have a little problem with my beliefs. I have been a pagan since I …
- Your Television Will Not Be RevolutionizedYou will not be able to site back in your recliner and experience the sights and smells of an actual African safari with Marlon Perkins …
- Wake Early: rhopalic verse
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares