Existence is a sea; man’s speech its shore;
Letters its oyster-shells, pearls of the heart’s wisdom.
With every wave a thousand pearls of price
Scattered around, of knowledge, of imagery,
New facts to grasp, conclusions fresh to draw,
A thousand waves with every breath arise,
No less is in one drop than in them all.
Wisdom, existence, doth that sea contain;
Its outward envelope is speech and sound.
Here understanding halts; and more,
Save in a parable, may not be given.
— from The Secret Garden, Mahmud Shabistari, 13th Century Persian sage
- No Small Talk LeftIt takes perhaps at most an entire day depending on the company and scene, but at some point there’s nothing left to say and words …
- An End to MadnessI have seen the best kinds of madness destroyed by my generation: all strange chaotic magic stilled in the great press of conformity’s graveyard silent …
- Back to the basicsBack to the basics: down that trail bringing us from the ocean’s foam where we shared space with fish and snail; back past Europe, far …
- No Small Talk Left
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares