Existence is a sea; man’s speech its shore;
Letters its oyster-shells, pearls of the heart’s wisdom.
With every wave a thousand pearls of price
Scattered around, of knowledge, of imagery,
New facts to grasp, conclusions fresh to draw,
A thousand waves with every breath arise,
No less is in one drop than in them all.
Wisdom, existence, doth that sea contain;
Its outward envelope is speech and sound.
Here understanding halts; and more,
Save in a parable, may not be given.
— from The Secret Garden, Mahmud Shabistari, 13th Century Persian sage
- Play the GameAt some point, it doesn’t matter if your bank account gets fatter or you end up with the most expensive toys, always playing at high …
- Star SongI haven’t written a song for stardances in quite a while, and this one kind of crept up on me this evening. Perhaps its more …
- Wagner’s House on Lake LucerneAway from the bustle of the lakefront trade across the wide expanse of clouded blue on a small knot of land pushed out into the …
- Play the Game
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares