Existence is a sea; man’s speech its shore;
Letters its oyster-shells, pearls of the heart’s wisdom.
With every wave a thousand pearls of price
Scattered around, of knowledge, of imagery,
New facts to grasp, conclusions fresh to draw,
A thousand waves with every breath arise,
No less is in one drop than in them all.
Wisdom, existence, doth that sea contain;
Its outward envelope is speech and sound.
Here understanding halts; and more,
Save in a parable, may not be given.
— from The Secret Garden, Mahmud Shabistari, 13th Century Persian sage
- We Need New Gods: deibhidheThe end nears: the sharp sword dulls. Its slices seem less useful, the elegant, diamond edged glance of its dark dance less fancy. Though its …
- A New Technique for Slap and Funk BassThe initial description of a new technique for slap or pop bass - clawhammer funk. Continue reading →
- Give and TakeFrom Swami Satchidananda’s translation and commentary on the Bhagavad Gita: Cherished by your spirit of sacrifice, the gods give you everything you want. (But remember) …
- We Need New Gods: deibhidhe
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares