- At Dawn When I AwokeAt dawn, when I awoke, the rain was but a mist that damped the lawn; and then its whitewash strength increased to rinse the night, …
- The Poetry ReadingThree hours into a heated discussion on how entropy is unavoidable in most applications of modern philosophy having drunk down to the bitter dregs black …
- The DogwoodShe with fond memories of elders now gone, & I with my own youth to call back to mind, bought a ten gallon dogwood last …
- At Dawn When I Awoke
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares
Daily Archives: June 9, 2017
Doesn’t seem to make much sense at all;
win or lose don’t matter in the end.
It’s a race that seems too close to call;
finish line’s just up around the bend.
Doesn’t seem to change much day to day;
up or down, they’re pretty much the same.
It’s an endless cycle, anyway;
good or bad, the blues still run the game.
Doesn’t seem to be much of a choice;
nothing but illusions and disguise.
If you take a stand, or find your voice,
all you know or say ends up in lies.
Doesn’t seem to make much sense to me;
just another day to make it through.
Wasn’t what they promised it would be:
finding something meaningful to do.
Doesn’t seem there’s anything that’s true;
everyone pretends in something more.
What’s the point in simply playing through?
Who is left to count the final score?
Doesn’t seem to be a worthy cause;
after all, what matters, when it’s done?
Instinct versus artificial law;
both are losers, if somebody’s won.
09 JUN 2017