I think I will 1) stop writing and reading on FB altogether, and only post to it from my blog, 2) communicate directly with people I wish to interact with, and 3) acknowledge that written messages between persons without shared understanding of the other’s intent are almost always misinterpreted, particular when one party is trying to inject levity into a subject the other takes very seriously. Point is that everyone on FB takes themselves too seriously, and really doesn’t laugh at anything unless it’s at someone else’s, and certainly not their own, expense. But then again, in this world some things aren’t funny anymore. And in some cases, they never were. THAT to me is the problem with people who despise political correctness – they no longer have the option to feel superior at someone else’s expense, but must rely on their own merit for self-respect. Of course there are exceptions, and it is not possible to legislate good taste, compassion, consideration or respect. Therein lies the dilemma: getting along, and coexisting, is up to each of us, individually. Anytime you create a “we”, you’ve built a wall.
- Give Me That Old School Religion, Part 1WHAT: Patti Smith and Her Band WHEN: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 WHERE: House of Blues, New Orleans OK, so the impetus to see Patti Smith …
- In MemphisIn Memphis, where the gypsies come to hide their dead in earth and I too seeking burial for past mistakes learned the blues hoping to …
- What has the Earth to DoWhat has the earth to do with air? They seem a most unlikely pair. Just look to the horizon, where they touch for miles, but …
- Give Me That Old School Religion, Part 1
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares