Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Homestead Elegy: a quintillaA quarter mile back down the lane paved with loose stone and bits of brick, past three tall trees that still remain after ten years …
- Allness of Everything: alcaicsIn seeking out the allness of everything (a journey full of critical posturing that makes our baggage less intrusive) listening silently guides each footfall. Each …
- Like the World Does Not KnowIf all the world would find you lacking grace and see in every thought and act some fault, behind the smile that lights up your …
- Homestead Elegy: a quintilla
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares