Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Simpleton’s Tune: a baladaThe simple truth? Who claims to know, except to judge how the wind blows first from the east, and then the west; and who’s to …
- Thirteen O’Clock (and All’s Well)Thirteen o’clock and all the world is well; beyond the reach of the tempest makers, where thought and reason still may sway the mind and …
- The Perils of Goal SettingSince the age of twelve, I have been exposed to the field of self-improvement. My father collected and read books on the subject — Dale …
- Simpleton’s Tune: a balada
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares