Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- Charlie Bucket vs. Veruca SaltDid you ever notice something very strange about Disney’s (OK, so maybe it’s not Disney’s, but it’s the classic one starring Gene Wilder as Wonka) …
- Carport Cacophony: a sestinaUnder the carport, inhaling from my last cigarette another drag, I listen to the voices rise and fall through the window, their cadence and cascade …
- Current Reading ListFor those who are interested in this sort of thing, here’s what is currently on my reading list (we just got Barnes & Noble gift …
- Charlie Bucket vs. Veruca Salt
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares