Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- When You Were MineI’ve been listening today to a lot of early Merle Haggard. He’s always been one of my biggest influences, particularly as a songwriter — although …
- Human NatureWhy must “human nature” be considered some mad blasphemy, an otherwise repulsive state save for its chance to teach us fate and providence are not …
- Spring CleaningToday spring cleaning must begin for real: let winter’s dull and hibernating dust find ends of brooms; quick, scour away the rust to let the …
- When You Were Mine
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares