Put away those foolish thoughts, and
hide from sight your vain ideals!
Instead, seek what the world enjoys:
love what beseems a proper role,
or find yourself a friendless fool.
Survive! Just learn to subliminate;
one must pretend, or play-act, at least,
defining both pursuit and its happy goal
using someone else’s dictionary.
- (Sub)urban Lawns: toddaid byrThe world is changed each day; each morning sun undoes as it is born. From yesterday it lets the seed we sow grow into what …
- Music and meThere are those who imagine “magical” places like they are scenes from the “happily ever after” part of a fairy tale: in a strange twist, …
- The NeighborhoodThere used to be a family-owned store right there, on the corner where the bus stops; and when I was a kid, they sold much …
- (Sub)urban Lawns: toddaid byr
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares