The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Ambrose BierceDespite the bitterness that hits the tongue when you first taste his clever barbs of prose, and one’s initial gumption to suppose his wit just …
- Careful What You Ask ForDo you really want theocracy, to thin or blur the line between what makes us get along, and what God had in mind? That means …
- Dear KleenexAs of late, there’s been a commercial advertising your products that runs a little something like this … A man with a shaven head (not …
- Ambrose Bierce
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares