The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Do Unto OthersI was minding my own business, at the bar nursing a drink, when a big old boy slid onto the next stool; he ordered a …
- At the bookstoreAt the bookstore yesterday two young punks with their parents came in as I was going out; they were festooned with spiky hair, spiked bracelets …
- Mother Father BreathingWith each breath, opposites are reconciled: like the unconscious seeping under the door that the river makes as it rises during the night, then at …
- Do Unto Others
Most Shared Posts
- There is no plan of study, no readiness assessment, no work at tilling fertile soil in preparation f0 Shares
- Your words can live forever cast out in the virtual plane. They truly are immortal now, and the inte0 Shares