The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Rambling on PoliticsDemocracy is dependent upon a single, basic premise: that those with power as a result of wealth and social standing are willing to reject the …
- To Be Ambrose Bierce for a Daychaste, n. The state of being pursued, but not yet within the grasp of the pursuer. For example, it could be said that one is …
- Red(neck) White and BlueOK, so I’ll admit there’s something dangerous about listening to Jerry Reed, Johnny Paycheck and Hank Williams Jr. while at work on a Thursday afternoon. …
- Rambling on Politics
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- For what it’s worth, most places on a map merely exist as clots in highway veins: mere wisps of we4 Shares
- “We’re mistaken to think there are things that exist solidly within the flow of experien2 Shares
- Oh, come and get your revel on: laissez bon temps roulez! Catch this moment2 Shares
- With slow and silent steps it comes encroaching on the day, the shadow of the night that grows to fi1 Shares