The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- TurningI was thinking this evening about Starlight Dances and Mars Tokyo – the latter’s empty nest and the former’s soon to be emptying one. I …
- EarthseasickTolkein’s world of fabled creatures did not speak to me of my own sense of purpose, or responsibility and so its strange translation onto film …
- Into the Breech: ae freisligheLet’s let go of sanity, imagining the reason appeals to our vanity and falls in the right season; making none too troubling what chaos springs …
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares