The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Having What You Want, Wanting What You HaveI. There is so much stuff out there in the world: an endless flow of new things to acquire can occupy one’s thoughts until they …
- The Honkytonk ManifestoReal country music is not defined by its performers, recording studios or media labels. It is not a style of music so much as it …
- A letter to UPS :)Dear Customer Service: It seems to me that in this day and age of home offices and increases in online ordering that result in shipped …
- Having What You Want, Wanting What You Have
Most Shared Posts
- Do without doing, make something from nothing; recycle, repurpose, revise on and conquer. Gather res7 Shares
- The world is broken; Cassandras have spoken their tales of woe. Let teardrops flow; and as fear grow1 Shares
- Why is the sky blue except from reflected water stretched between small bits of land? Why is water b0 Shares
- Underneath the skin, a single notion supports how life unfolds from start to end. Beneath the bustle0 Shares
- Don’t preach me religion like there’s something you can prove; being good at treading wa0 Shares