The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.
Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.
Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.
- Old PottageWhile you still have your youth is the time to find out your version of the truth; as you age, fear and doubt can crack …
- The Hawk (Seabhac)A flash of gray against the sun and cloud, then swift and sure he plummets to his prey; Above the warp and woof he watches, …
- How to Save the WorldOne of the blogs I read pretty regularly is Dave Pollard’s How to Save the World. Occasionally, something he writes strikes a particularly resonant chord …
- Old Pottage
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares