How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- Your Loving ManHere’s a silly song for … well, maybe not so silly after all. You could be anything in the world that you want to be …
- The Great UnknownIt’s not so much the great unknown that gives me pause and food for thought. The universe may hide itself as it sees fit, and …
- The Storms We Name: an acrosticH elpless in the laughing face of elemental change u nloosed as a pointed reminder that we each exist – r eally, at the mercy …
- Your Loving Man
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares