How does peer critique really work?
You present something of yours to your peers.
They are inspired by your effort
to try to produce something of similar or better quality
of their own.
How they react to what you’ve done,
as reflected in their own work,
shows you how to improve your product
to better produce the result you wanted,
the impact you thought you’d get,
the influence you figured it’d have.
And visa versa.
Some even get distribution deals.
You want to give me advice on my artform,
please do me the courtesy of having absorbed it.
If it doesn’t make you a better artist
(for whatever reasons)
there’s not much point in such a review.
We’re obviously not peers.
- On Her Sleeping Form: an awdl gywyddShe’s sleeping there on the chaise, on her face a gentle look; dreaming no doubt of flowers, and quiet hours with a book. Her eyes …
- Testing the Fax MachineBEGIN TEST THIS IS A TEST TRANSMISSION Other than to pass electrons from one point to another in an attempt to verify the operational status …
- Nada Brahma: a ghazalWhen there is nothing left the senses but sound Even the silence between us will make that sound. Each breath we take reverberates past our …
- On Her Sleeping Form: an awdl gywydd
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares