I hate a Roman named Status Quo!,
He said to me. Fill your eyes with wonder,
He said, live as if you’d drop dead
In ten seconds. See the world.
It’s more fantastic than any dream
Made or paid for in a factory.
Ask no questions,
Ask for no security,
There never was such an animal.
And if there was,
It would be related to the great sloth
Which hangs upside down in a tree
All day every day, sleeping its life away.
He said, shake the tree
and bring the great sloth down.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
- Untitled poemIt’s so hard to focus on the subtleties of life Often times the fountain pen is like a carving knife On clandestine maneuvers in the …
- Just Yesterday’s NewsI don’t know the man that I’m supposed to be: I’ve looked at his life like a documentary; and with some of his choices I …
- On Dialogue with SelfWhen does a dialogue with self cease being a monologue? At what precise moment does the epiphany conceived of self-deliberation end its foolish premeditation on …
- Untitled poem
Most Shared Posts
- What was I doing while others were sleeping? What did I dream while I seemed wide awake? Something o1 Shares
- Last year about this time I dug into nanowrimo and started writing an autobiographical novel. Sadly1 Shares